15.8.11

Starlit Skies and Firewood



After two days of reminiscence, I returned home packed full of sweet memories with the aroma of firewood and seawater lingering in the air. My jeans hid sand in its creases and hadn’t yet dried from the water of the beautiful beaches. We spent the day on a long walk refreshing dusty memories and skipping rocks across the smooth waters and swam under the sunset sky. We made smores under the starlit sky, creamy chocolate and milk spreading me with warmth. Our night was completed with homemade pizza, a movie, card games, and ice-cream. The next morning was spent chatting and canoeing on a tippy boat..it was time to leave too soon. I can still smell the firewood and leafy smell of the country side on my clothes, and sometimes I wish I was still midst the beautiful wilderness when I close my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment