20.12.13

Last Summer

It's that time of year again: cold days, winter weather. These photographs are a flashback to two summer ago, when the air was abuzz with life and the skies were blue instead of this bleak gray. We drove north Maine on a road trip, where we feasted on Italian pasta and lobster in our hotel that faced the ocean.Mornings were spent capturing the sun climbing the sky and hitting the waves with its yellow rays. I sat on the boardwalk with a notebook and my camera, waving to early morning wanderers, and ordering iced soda from the nearby shack.
We went on drives up the mountains and spent a night sleeping in our car underneath the starry sky. 
I spent time by the rocks and sat, watching boats find their way across the ocean.

2 comments:

  1. These photographs beautiful. hahahh I saw these and I was thinking the landscape looked familiar and I realize you were in Maine (was this in Acadia?). I went up there as well this summer and I am still dreaming about it. I spent most of my nights there stargazing and watching sunsets. I miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      Yes! This was Maine :) It was Bar Harbor. A great place that I really look forward to visiting again soon.
      I loved waking up early to enjoy the sunrises and sleeping late after watching the stars.
      Here's to our mutual love of Maine!

      Delete